Welcome to our SANCTUARY!
Quality of Life
Open Door Animal Sanctuary is one of the area’s largest no-kill animal shelters. Since our founding in 1975, we have provided hope, help and healing to tens of thousands of animals. We serve the community by taking in stray, homeless and otherwise unwanted cats and dogs. Each day, we provide shelter, food, medical care and most of all LOVE to 400 animals. Many of the precious angels who arrive at Open Door recognize for the first time in their lives that there can be love and trust in the world. Every animal that comes to us has a home and a second chance at life. We have a lifetime return policy which means if a family can no longer care for a cat or dog that was adopted from us, it must be returned to our sanctuary.
The mission of Open Door Animal Sanctuary is to provide homeless cats and dogs with the highest quality of life and a second chance to find a forever family.
- We are a “no kill” animal sanctuary; we do not euthanize cats and dogs for space or because they are hard to adopt.
- We provide dedicated love and care to over 400 homeless cats and dogs each day.
- We provide our residents with a largely cage-free living environment.
- We reduce pet over-population by offering a low-cost spay-neuter program and a humane education program to the community.
- We operate a pet food pantry to provide support to families in need.
Open Door Animal Sanctuary is a 501(c)(3) tax exempt, nonprofit organization.We do not receive any federal funding and our basic means of support comes entirely through donations. Open Door is a quality of life shelter which means animals are euthanized only if they are too sick to be treated or too aggressive to be suitable for adoption.