Our goal is to find permanent, loving homes for our cats and dogs so that they do not end up back on the streets and ultimately back at our sanctuary. Before you visit Open Door, please be sure to discuss a new pet with other family members in the home to make sure they are all in agreement. Prior to meeting one of our cats or dogs, potential adoptors will be asked to complete a questionnaire . We reserve the right to decline any applicant who does not meet our adoption requirements. The next step is to fall in love with one of our furry friends! We will then schedule a visit to your home before finalizing the adoption. Once this is done, your new best friend will be ready to come home. There will be paperwork to sign and an adoption fee to pay.
Our adoption fee is $75 for adult cats (age one and over) and $150 for all dogs/puppies and kittens. The adoption fee includes:
- vaccinations (including rabies for animals over 4 months old)
- current on heartworm preventative (dogs and puppies)
- current on flea/tick preventative (all animals)
We will send you home with:
- your cat or dog’s medical records
- microchip registration
- a starter bag of Purina One food
- a bag of cat or dog goodies (treats, toys & more!)
- collar, lead and ID tags (for dogs)
Click on the links below for printable versions of our preliminary adoption form. Please print your form, fill it out, and bring it with you to Open Door Animal Sanctuary.